KISAN SWARAJ YATRA- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
We seek your urgent help in intensifying our effort in Delhi with regard to mobilisation towards the Rajghat event, which is the last event of the Kisan Swaraj Yatra going around the country and reaching Delhi on December 11th morning.
1. We need four kinds of efforts to go in immediately into the Delhi mobilisation:
a. With students in JNU and Delhi colleges - here, the pitch should be about our "anna daatas", the ones who are keeping us alive, dying and in deep distress. About how if we don't rescue them, our food is in jeopardy and how big corporations are going to push for more toxic technologies and how it will come back to us in the end. How pushing out farmers from villages will also have its own implications for our urban centres. How Gandhi dreamt of another India etc. Therefore, both as a moral imperative and in our own enlightened-self-interest, we need to support farmers and their struggle for dignified living in rural India.
b. With villages around Delhi, especially where AID and other groups work: Please urgently go and organise discussions in these villages and mobilise them into the Rajghat event. Some AID volunteers should pitch in some efforts here.
c. With NGOs in Delhi: One of you should pick up a phone and start making calls to hundreds of NGOs that are in Delhi and talk to them about the Kisan Swaraj Yatra and request their solidarity on December 11th. Keep asking for who will join and what their number is. This has to be a full-time effort in the next few days, followed up by an SMS later on around the 10th.
d. With groups in bastis in Delhi: There are some Delhi groups which in turn work with people in the bastis, on health issues, communal harmony, on gender-related issues, on education etc. - We should shortlist 6-7 such organisations and interact with the people that they work with in the bastis urgently. This is very important, I feel - because these are the people who can relate to how they have been pushed out of farming in rural India, looking for opportunities elsewhere like in the bastis of Delhi.
I HOPE EACH ONE OF YOU CAN KINDLY PITCH IN WITH ONE OR THE OTHER STRANDS OF WORK.
2. We need help with logistics, please:
a. At Ambedkar Bhawan, there is help needed in terms of overseeing the cleaning work and before that, employing some labourers for this and ensuring that there are buckets, mugs etc.
b. Ensuring that there is hot water for bath....
c. For pickup at railway stations and taking groups of people in DTC buses to their accommodation location. And bringing them to Rajghat on the 11th, etc.
HOPE THERE WOULD BE SOME VOLUNTEERS FOR THIS. IT WOULD BE IDEAL IF WE CAN START COMMUNICATING SUCH VOLUNTEERS' NAMES AND NUMBERS TO PEOPLE FROM DIFF STATES ALREADY.
May I request those of you who can take on some roles to kindly write back here and let us know?
Contact- Kapil Mishra, firstname.lastname@example.org, 9818066041
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Some questions for you Madam Sonia GandhiIn Uncategorized on November 10, 2010 at 2:24 pm
1. If Ashok Chavhan is removed because of corruption charges, then what message your party leaders Pranab Mukherjee and Antony were sending last evening when they were travelling with Ashok Chavan in his car while going to meet your party MLAs in Mumbai?
2. If Kalmadi is asked to resign because of loot in Commonwealth Games, then why he has been asked to resign from Congress Party post only and not from CWG organizing comittee?
3. Instead why tenure of Kalmadi as CWG organizing committee Chairman is extended for three months? Will it not give him an opportunity to wipe out evidences?
4. If you actually believe that Adrsh society scam is a serious issues then why only Ashok Chavan is asked to resign when almost all Congress Party leaders of Pradesh Congress Committee are clearly involved and got benefited?
5. Why you and your Govt. is not taking similar action against Sheela Dixit and her ministers who are involved in a equally shameful scam i.e. CWG 2010?
6. Why till date none of your family members have spoken anything against rampant corruption in UPA Govt. that includes 2G, CWG, Adarsh society, Food Grain etc?
7. Why actions against all these individuals like Kalmadi and Ashok Chavans are being taken at Party level only and Government agencies who are actually responsible for actions are not doing anything at all? Do you want to show that Congress Party is bigger than Government and Nation for that matter?
8. Please explain why we should believe that you and your family is not directly involved and benefited from all these scams considering the fact that you are mum and reluctant to take any concrete action whatsoever on any of these issues?